According to Social Guide, 50% of all Social TV activity is about sporting events, making sports one of the most talked about cultural events on the web. Fans are following their favorite teams and athletes in real-time, sharing opinions about everything they do. To capitalize on this shift in consumer behavior, sports content publishers and teams are starting to weave social capabilities into the fabric of their websites and mobile applications, building experiences that put them at the center of the conversation. This effectively enables them to become the primary destination for real-time news and conversation about the topics that fans care about.
This innovative approach drives greater fan engagement and creates new opportunities for revenue generation. Echo customers are already seeing anywhere between 2 – 3X lifts in page views and user engagement after launching their Echo powered experiences.
Your Social Sports strategy should enable you to do the following:
- Turn every article or new piece of content into an opportunity for your audience to share comments in real-time, building a sense of community around the news on your site.
- Monetize user-generated forums that let fans create their own real-time discussion groups about teams or fantasy sports.
- Aggregate the social actions of artists from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social networks into a real-time, interactive stream on your site.
- Feature real-time reactions to each post in the stream as nested conversations.
- Crowdsource photos and reactions to sporting events from Twitter, Facebook, GetGlue, YouTube and other social networks.
- Have VIP guests (athletes, coaches, sports casters and other celebrities) participate in live chats with their fans using a special moderated “green room”.
- Enable fans to quickly login and participate in discussions using their login credentials from any one of over 25 popular social networks.
- Get deep social insights into your logged in users, including number of shares, amount of social activity and more.
Building Engaging Experiences that
Drive Increased Fan Engagement
Echo provides a platform, ecosystem of apps and business services that enable digital marketers to transform their websites and mobile apps into powerful social sports destinations. With Echo, digital marketing teams can effectively become the “Facebook” of their own content, creating holistic, engaging user experiences that drive increased web traffic, user engagement and revenue.